Friday, November 23, 2007

"I Got Beautiful House"

At dinner tonight Lana was trying very hard to tell me a story. Her English is coming along very well, but she was struggling to get her message out. Lana was obviously trying to communicate something more complicated than " I want apple juice". She repeated one phrase about 3 times "I got beautiful house". I think she was trying to tell me that she is happy here! Even after all the doctor's appointments, procedures, and open heart surgery, I think she is happy!

This is such a huge relief to me! I worried so much that doing surgery so soon after adoption would interfere with our new relationship. I thought she would resent us for putting her through surgery. But Lana clearly feels that this is her home and that she belongs!

"I got beautiful house!"